Tomorrow is the day, at 7am I am getting my wisdom teeth out.
Right now, I’m not thinking about how I will have to endure the excruciating blood sugar plummeting pangs that result in breakfast skippage- I’m just hoping they will at least let me have my morning java (which I intend to wake up at 5am for)
In any case, in the newfound summer sunshine spirit of positivity, I have decided to turn this potentially tear and torment-inducing experience into something to be optimistic about- hence a list I have personally generated about some of the:
Anticipated Pros of Wisdom Teeth Extraction
little caveat: please don’t take this too seriously, because then you’re just no fun
- Painkillers: I hear they’re fun
- Lots and lots of movies! So far I have prepared: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, The Kids are Alright, and part one of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (yeah, I know, I need to watch it before I struggle to stay awake for the midnight showing of the second part I promised Marta I’d go with her to). Oh yeah and my mum also just enthusiastically taught me how to watch movies on Netflix Insta-watch!
- I think this might very well be an excuse to have a day of eating nothing but frozen yoghurt for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Awesome I can start out with sorbet flavours, then do tart ones, and end the night with the sweet Red Velvet Cake type ones!
- My cellulite might melt away
- Tremendous amounts of money will be saved since: I won’t be able to dine out, I won’t be able to drive anywhere (petrol costs/Golden Gate bridge tolls), I won’t be able to act on my random boredom induced shopping impulses (no, contrary to what one might think, I don’t partake in online shopping for actual shopping unless it’s Gilt Groupe), and my mother’s only grocery costs on my behalf will be greek yogurt, healthy seedless veggies to mash up, and ingredients for moong dahl.
- The constantly intensifying damage on my split ends can cease since I will really have no incentive to blow-dry/straighten my hair…I mean, who’s gonna see me?
- My room might stay clean since I shall be immobile
- I might come up with some real profound stuff to blog about, since I don’t really think you’d wanna see pictures of the mushed up carrots I plan on having for lunch tomorrow
- And I suppose the wisdom teeth which were apparently going to give me trouble later in life no longer will (since they’ll be gone.)
And I did proceed to add some un-pictured Fage Greek Yoghurt, because a meal without dairy, just ain’t merry.
My metabolism is chuckling in ecstasy from all that lean protein!
Now, if you’ll excuse me I have to go iron all my wrinkled suitcase-dwelling cocktail dresses, return a pair of unflattering shorts to H&M, then go for a consultation avec le doc who shall put me under tomorrow morning. I have v. important questions to ask him pertaining to coffee, painkillers, and dairy consumption rules.
Have you had your wisdom teeth extracted? How was it? Any tips?
What did you eat? How long was the pain?